Shaheen Holloway | Photo via @shupiratesmbb

Sha-Bucks Happy Hour Draws Hundreds of Students

Eager students stood in a long line to meet Coach Shaheen Holloway at Starbucks on Oct. 8. 

Holloway was smiling the entire time, taking the time to get to know every student. The students were snapping pictures with the head coach, many of whom were wishing him the best of luck for the upcoming season. The line to meet Holloway continued to grow, even 20 minutes into the event. 

“Sha was very enthusiastic,” said Kyle Collins, a senior computer science major. “The event was an experience you couldn’t miss.”

Free strawberry acai refreshers were given to the first 100 students who ordered while Holloway was present. Before leaving, the students were able to take free reusable Starbucks cups and merchandise while supplies lasted.

The event took place at the University Center, the school’s primary site for social interaction. Old-time hits were playing over the loudspeaker like “It’s Tricky” by Run DMC, and the cheerleaders were shaking their pom poms. There were plenty of students meeting up with their friends, enjoying the atmosphere, and catching up with their peers.

It’s safe to say that Oct. 8 was the busiest day for the Starbucks on campus; for the second year in a row, the Sha-Bucks Happy Hour was a massive success. While students have long days in class, this was surely a much-needed break during the middle of their Tuesday.

Matthew Soetebeer is the head editor for The Setonian’s Sports section. He can be reached at matthew.soetebeer@student.shu.edu.